Today was the day - and now, many hours later I can say that the comps for masters #1 is done and over with. These were written comps which suck, by the way, and while I won't know officially if I pass for about 2 weeks I really could care less right now. All I can tell you is that I'm done, I don't have to study for them now and that I can finally focus for the moment at least on masters #2 classes instead of trying to bundle it all together. I may have lost my sanity this past week, but it's amazing how the stress and feelings of being overwhelmed disappeared when I walked out that door today. Sidenote - it did take 4 hours to finish so my hand hurts a bit still.
On the plus side, I napped most of my afternoon away and then woke up to watch/nap periodically through the Alabama v Penn State game. While the Crimson Tide won, it was one of the first games where I have liked both teams - and one wasn't an SEC team. I grew up with Penn State and Notre Dame as my only college football knowledge until we moved to Georgia and while I gained teams like Georgia and Alabama, they usually don't play one another. When Georgia played in Tuscaloosa in 2007, I had tickets and wanted to go but that's when the 1st foot was busted up and standing and crawling around a stadium didn't sound appealing to me at that point. While I tend to favor UGA a bit over Bama, it's mainly because since we moved here I've been around all Bulldog stuff and when I first went to college I was in Athens. It doesn't take long to indoctrinate you into a love of a certain team. Transferring to Alabama was a good move, and I learned to love the Tide as well....but I try to just hope for a good game with no injuries when they play each other. For the first time, I was saddled with the decision of cheering for the Crimson Tide (where I graduated from) or cheering for Penn State (which I cheered for the past 20something years or so since they never played another team I really liked). Besides a deep brain freeze today since it was after comps, I settled in to hope for a good game with no injuries and not make a decision either way.
Bama, after winning 24-3, obviously deserves a hearty Roll Tide after their victory and I'm happy for them. With JoePa only 5 games away from making a record it would have been nice to see him get one game closer...but I have faith that he'll make it this season. If he wants, he can get it when they play Michigan State this season (hubby's family are all Spartan alum). But really, at the end of the day, I'm both glad to have this day over and it seems a fitting victory for Bama considering Coach Bryant would have been 97 today - and both he and JoePa have done so much for their respective teams and college football.
No comments:
Post a Comment