As I previously stated back in May...my foot is screwed up. Now, obviously there have been developments since then (heel fracture/no heel fracture, bone bruise/no bone bruise, plantar fasciitis?, MRI, new doctor, etc). I swapped to Emory Sports Medicine in October (right before the car mess) and from the MRI saying things were fine in there and the xrays he took, he decided it is plantar fasciitis. So, no big deal there...supposedly.
He wrote a prescription for physical therapy twice a week, I'm supposed to remain off it for the most part, and I'm to stretch it. Then recheck in a month. Obviously, since 2 days later I was in the wreck everything got put off. Physical therapy won't see you for two weeks post car wreck just to make sure nothing else is screwed up. I don't blame them.
So, I started PT (which hurts like hell afterward most days) and changed my appt for the other day since he wanted me to be in PT about a month before coming back. Long story short, my foot is not as great as it could be and it's not to the place he'd like it to be after all this time. I now have a new boot (thank god...the old one was starting to fall apart) and I'm to continue PT and see how it goes. In about 2 weeks, he wants me to try to work myself out of the boot to shoes (with a heel cup, just like I can around the house) and then go back. If it isn't significantly better by then, I'm to call and I'll get another MRI (probably with contrast this go-round) because he thinks something was missed or ignored in the previous one. Now, I think this is a valid idea and whatever, but it does make me wonder what else could really be going on in there after almost 7 months.
Doesn't help that mom had her toe fused at the beginning of November and since then we've been helping her. A few weeks ago, I tried to help catch her as she started slipping and put more pressure than I have been on the bad foot. (I know, I know...) That night the foot swelled up a good deal and then I spent the following day and a half on crutches so things would go down and be ok. I'm starting to wonder with the cramps in my foot on that side now, if possibly I did tear something like the PT chick mentioned. That could be a problem....
That is the official foot update at this point...we'll see the next step on Jan 3rd. So much for my new fun boots for birthday 28 this month. Grr
No comments:
Post a Comment