In my recipe attempts and crockpot learning, I stumbled upon A Year of Slow Cooking a few years ago. I LOVE my crockpot although I don't use it as much as I probably should since it requires thinking ahead. However, I've used quite a few different recipes from this site that have been great and I keep meaning to try more.
Low and behold, this recipe was posted a few weeks ago as a reminder for father's day. Now, we LOVE bacon and cheese here (there's a reason I just ordered a cheese making book and am debating eventually trying to make my own). So bacon and cheese with chicken sounded delicious. Now, the ranch and teriyaki used was a bit more difficult since I had to make (yes...you read correctly) my own ranch dressing and teriyaki sauce due to the soy allergy - but minus the extra work this was scrumptious. We all liked how different it tasted, I got to break in my new cast iron skillets (exciting for me minus how long it took...I'd never cooked bacon in a skillet before), and we had plenty left over to put up for leftovers. Almost thinking of making it a monthly type of thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment