"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." ~ Dr. Seuss

Friday, May 29, 2009

Bitter is the New Black.....I want this job


So, I stumbled upon a book recommendation that I had forgotten about for Jen Lancaster books. Her first, Bitter is the New Black, I finally got through the library system last week. I can seriously say that I have not laughed so hard and giggled so much while reading in quite awhile. Jen writes a memoir of sorts about her life and between her uncensored thoughts, husband, cats and dogs...well.....it resembles mine in quite a few ways. Well, minus the ex-sorority girl part and the fact she made a really good salary at her job. She ended up blogging about much of it and eventually turned it into a book.

Anyway, since I read that one and enjoyed it I have since received the second and third (yay for PINES libraries) and bought the fourth the other week. I finished the second Wednesday night but I haven't gotten a chance to read the third yet. I figured while sitting in doctor's offices with my mom I probably should not read something that I laugh and giggle so much at. As it is, I read at night and usually end up waking the husband (and the cats) up with it. So, now that I'm close to being banned from reading her books in bed...I'm going to have to rearrange my reading schedule.

No comments: