"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." ~ Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sabotage!

I have semi-concluded now that our washer and dryer are sabotaging our clothes. The washer is crankier and for quite awhile I have not been able to bleach anything easily because....well, I have no idea. All I know is that I can use bleach and then for the next 2 to 3 loads of laundry, I may have bleach spots on the stuff. To fix this, if I have to use bleach I use it and then run a load of towels (where it doesn't matter) and usually have to run about 2 more cycles of plain water through the washer. Since I think this is ridiculous, I just gave up.

Now, the lint issue in the dryer is massive and we're noticing our clothes don't fit like they should and have gotten a little smaller - even if we haven't gained or we've lost weight. Finally, I realized Sunday night that this could mean that the washer or dryer are dying since they're around 6 or so.

Yesterday I went laundry shopping to get an idea of what is out there and my choices for when the time comes. Right now, I don't want to buy them considering our new roof (yay!) and gutters with guards should be getting done next week. However, upon talking with multiple places and salespeople I have learned that nobody has any idea why my washer does the bleach thing - so much that Sears called GE to ask and the company just said I should look into a new washer. That these stupid appliances last on average from 7-10 years, so the chances that I'll need one in the next few years have gone through the roof and that front-load type washers don't kill the fibers in clothing like my current top loader does....which is why I have more lint and possibly why our clothes are shrinking when the agitator is coupled with the hot dryer.

Now I'm starting to think it's a conspiracy and I really have no idea what I should be thinking about this entire screwed up situation.

The perk of yesterday is I finished my last Jen Lancaster book....

No comments: