"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." ~ Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We have a roof!

Our new roof was officially finished on Monday although they just got the dumpster today. Apparently there were parts of the wood that were completely rotted and disgusting so we've had much of the wood redone as well. They also ripped the gutters off so we don't have to deal with that mess. :) Supposedly this roof won't get discolored or anything like some do and it's a pretty slate color. Next thing on our list is to get new gutters with guards so we don't have to deal with things living in there. Although, we'll also have to put some new wood boards up for the sides since a few are getting icky. Hopefully in a few months we'll work on getting that done.

In other news, it's basically official that Flea has joined the madness we call our family. He's a jumper and loves to play - so toys that have lain in a basket for at least two years are now being used. As always, Lucky has an extreme love for the kitten and is trying to mother him. Imagine that.

Husband goes to St. Cloud, Minnesota for the Resnet Conference tomorrow until Tuesday. Considering I don't sleep too well usually, I'm hoping that I can turn my restlessness into energy and maybe finish up some of the organizing of the house. We finally have the paint, etc. to finish the new bathroom and craft/misc. room but I don't think I’ll be that productive. Even better, (this is when you know you have a sad life), we're picking up 20 more bags of mulch at home depot and I'm hoping to finish off at least the big flowerbed and walkway. Hopefully it'll do most of the other stuff I need to mulch too. My azaleas that I planted in March were coming along so well, but they didn't like the roof. The bulk of shingles and tar stuff that laid on them for a few days almost killed them. Hoping that mulching them (finally) will help them keep more water in and make them happy.

And hopefully, when a certain husband comes home next week the house will not be completely painted, organized and clean as hell. Mainly since that means I probably didn't sleep ever.

No comments: