"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." ~ Dr. Seuss

Sunday, July 12, 2009

One Step Closer...

Yesterday was a busy day, but most exciting was that we finally (yes, it's almost been a full year) painted the other extra bedroom! So it is our guest room/cat room/misc. craft room and possible train room. Sadly, it's the smallest bedroom in the house which makes it a bit hard to fit everything in there but I'm SO glad it's finally painted! I even broke down and bought new, thicker blinds a few weeks ago and I'm hoping to get them up soon since the current one was busted by Izzy's window antics.

The plan is to get one of the twin sized bed frames that my dad built ages ago and that mom used to have for her guest room and bring it over for the bed. I splurged last summer (when I thought we were having an actual guest room with 2 beds), and got 2 sets of bedding on clearance that will still work with our color scheme. So at least we get trendier (and non-floral) bedding for in there. I'm excited to say the least.

Now I just have to organize stuff and get things together.....after this next week since I'm trying to finish early for my class stuff. Hopefully after I get class stuff done we can paint the new bathroom which is the last room that still needs to be painted.

As for our washer/dryer situation...it looks grim. The washer now shrieks a high-pitched sound at the beginning of every spin cycle. His mom says the belt is going now, but I'm just hoping that it pulls through until late August when I'll have the money to get a new one. Otherwise, I'm hauling laundry to my mom's to do it. :(

No comments: