"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." ~ Dr. Seuss

Thursday, July 30, 2009

T-24 Hours until .....

the new washer and dryer are delivered!!!!!




You have no idea how exciting this fact is for me right now. I finished up my classes last week for the term and have a few weeks off right now so I’ve been working on cleaning/organizing/putting stuff away all over our house. I ditched all the boxes and unpacked stuff from them before this, so I have more room to work on all of this. I’m hoping that I can get all of this stuff together before next term starts so I can enjoy the house, finish up some projects that I’d like to try (like sewing pillows) and focus on my classes. Hopefully I’ll be able to start looking around for a job too.

However, in the midst of my embarkation of cleaning last week I started laundry. Now, we knew the washer and dryer weren’t happy but I wasn’t expecting the damn washer to just die with a pile of clothes in it. I finally got it to spin them enough to put them in the dryer which is on the fritz again considering it took 4 hours to dry pants which is way longer than it should. So, I hauled clothes to my mom’s and finished what was needed then. I had to make a second trip earlier this week to make sure we had enough pants to make it to delivery day.

So, the end of last week was turned into washer and dryer comparison shopping and all went well prior to Saturday. Unfortunately, I chose which ones we wanted and thought they were on sale at Sears on Saturday so we went to order them. It would take them almost 2 weeks to get them delivered (the LG’s weren’t in stock), then they kept offering comparisons and by the end of the day we were at wit’s end and ordered a set. Long story short, I wasn’t happy. So after being drug to my family reunion and to Sears, my poor husband was stuck trying to console me and then was drug up to the mall to look at that Sears so I could compare the Kenmore’s ordered to the LG. Not a huge difference, but I just don’t like them. Finally, we found the LG’s I wanted at Home Depot in Conyers where a super special and nice man helped me compare stuff and answered my questions. Seriously, massive shout-out to Caleb in the appliance section there – he’s super sweet. Even better, they had a different type that was a little cheaper, basically the same machine and everything which fit our needs perfectly. So I got to explain myself to my mom and then we canceled the Sears order and online ordered the Home Depot ones. Needless to say, we were both exhausted from running around all day but I’m hopeful and optimistic that everything turns out well with this set. Although the front loading bit makes me hesitate a little, I haven’t found too many I liked that were top loaders without the agitator. I figure by the end of next week I should know how I like them since we now have almost 2 weeks of laundry sitting here, piles of bedding to be washed, blankets and stuff that were piled where the cats got to them and I need to bathe the dogs soon which means all of their bedding gets washed too. (Yes, I’m a bit OCD at times).

Sadly enough, I’m just ready to start working through these piles everywhere so I can see more of my floor….

No comments: