My engagement ring and wedding ring came from the Shane Company. We were thrilled with what I got and I've always loved their customer service. However, when the time came for their 6 month checkup we weren't planning on being near one of the Atlanta stores and my wedding band needed to be resized - so I mailed the wedding band to their Colorado center as directed. Fortunately, I kept my engagement ring at home and figured I'd mail that one when I received the other one back in the mail.
So in mid-June the wedding band went off to Colorado to be checked and resized up half a size to a 6.5. They called to confirm this. Accidentally, a mistake was made somewhere along the line because when I received my ring back it had been resized down half a size to a 5.5 – which doesn’t fit on my finger. I chatted with one of the customer service people who made sure to make a note on my account and he said to mail it back so the correct sizing could take place. I saw no problem with any of this. So, on July 17th I went back to the post office with my little box in hand and mailed it (with delivery confirmation and insurance) back to Colorado with a nice little note explaining what size it should be.
Fast forward to last Friday. Two weeks after the initial mailing, I figured I’d track it. Apparently it made it to the sort facility in Denver on July 18th, but it never left. I asked my local post office and the lady said she’d call and see what she could find out. This morning she returned my call saying that the ring was at the sort facility but that it never made it to the correct post office after that. She then gave me the USPS Colorado Consumer Affairs phone number to call and apparently they investigate. So I call them, leave a message and they promptly return my phone call. According to this man, you have to wait 31 days after mailing to file a claim since it was insured and so that means that August 7th is claim day. He then proceeded to tell me the wrong amount of insurance and treated this as not a big problem or anything even when he asked what it was and I explained that it is my wedding band. Finally, he gave me the number of the sort facility to call and leave a message so maybe they can help. For whatever reason, the money was supposed to make me happy enough that I didn’t care about getting my actual wedding band back. Since I can’t really deal with listening to somebody else say this today….I’ve pawned off calling them to a husband while I called Shane Co. to get another appraisal copy mailed to me (since I’ll need proof about the insurance). So, a new appraisal copy is in the mail now (hopefully it makes it here) and I’m crossing my fingers that the sorting place can find my ring. There are deadlines on how long you can file a claim…but I really just want my damn ring back. It took me way too long to finally find one that I wanted in the first place.
So…cross your fingers and pray for the best. Now I’m extremely glad that I waited to mail off my other ring and I do believe that I’ll make a special trip up to Duluth to get the engagement ring checked this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment