"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." ~ Dr. Seuss

Saturday, October 31, 2009

There's good "boos" tonight

So…it’s been awhile. That’s what I should probably start by saying. Things have been crazy and chaotic around here as of late and with the holiday season fast approaching…I’m guessing it’ll just get worse. I’m now tentatively planning on making somewhere around 20 rum cakes this holiday season (my mom is giving them to her co-workers) so I’m seriously starting to debate a stand mixer and buying another bundt pan. We shall see. However, my double oven was finally fixed at the end of September – please don’t ever use the auto/self-clean feature on a whirlpool double oven since it apparently fries the control panel.

In other news, the puppy that appeared in our backyard in August is still here and going by “Holly” (I needed a name so the others knew who I was calling….and I had just read Breakfast at Tiffany’s). She’s still finding all kinds of stuff to eat around the kitchen when they’re baby-gated in there and that’s about all I can say. Our table was delivered last month too and while it’s great, I’ve eaten on it maybe once or twice the entire time. Instead, it’s become shelving and a holding area for stuff that she’s pulling out of god knows where. Well… except for the flooring…which is still being ripped up every so often by them. So yeah…. A new floor for the kitchen in the near future would be most fabulous.

I finally made the car bomb cupcakes and they were a smash hit! They were really good with the chocolate filling and whatever and I’m hoping to try out more recipes soon. Just the problem of time really causing issues.

Now if only I didn’t have to start thinking about Thanksgiving dinner already……..we’re hosting again this year and it should be interesting, to say the least.

No comments: