"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." ~ Dr. Seuss

Friday, May 21, 2010

A great day for a fractured heel...



Last week we went on a vacation. It was a long weekend of sorts before husband's class started at a retreat place and I thought a vacation was a brilliant idea - especially since the one we planned in March fell through due to my bronchitis. This time we were halfway through the weekend when I was walking on a trail and my foot started hurting even more than it had previously. A few days prior to leaving my foot had ached and was a little sore, but we thought that was it. Not so much. By Sunday, my foot was killing me and I came back early so I could see a podiatrist on Tuesday morning. Long story short - they think I fractured my heel. Not so cool. Even better, the x-rays haven't picked up a good image of the fracture so I go back next week for a better film. Until then, I'm to rest and ice my foot and wear the walking boot. The good news is it is shorter than the last one I had (when I fractured metatarsals on my other foot). So far at work I swapped and am on receptionist duties up front. Hopefully I didn't really screw my foot up where it needs surgery but I am not looking forward to wearing this boot all through the summer possibly. It's a wait and see situation...

No comments: