Since I haven't paid any attention to cars lately, I started to compare stuff online (while drugged up) and after a few days I decided to go to the local Jeep dealer to see what they might recommend. The new Liberty's are the same body as the Dodge Nitro, which I got as a rental and I found out quite quickly that I hated it. The recommendations from there went to two SUV types that I was considering, the Grand Cherokee or the Compass. After test driving the Compass (wasn't bad, wasn't in love though) and testing multiple other types of SUVs I concluded that the Grand Cherokee may be the way to go. However, husband wasn't in love with it and it still feels a bit strange to drive one since mom has one. Our other thought was to look at Honda where I stumbled upon a 2 door coupe that caught my attention and we decided to go back when they were open to look at it and a CR-V since everybody known to man kept recommending them.
Husband wins the fabulous husband award when he came home from work early after I apparently called hysterical once I found out the Jeep was totaled and that I had 4 days left of the rental. So while I went to work, he went to Honda after nixing the Grand Cherokee I had found. He brought home a CR-V for me to see which wasn't bad, but it didn't make me love it. After we ate, I drove it back to the dealer where I asked if I could look at the Accord coupe where they let me sit in it right before they closed and then allowed me to take it home that night to test drive. Long story short - I <3 the accord. It makes me feel safe and secure, most likely since it's very similar to what my Saturn 2 door felt like before I got the Liberty. So...we took it back the next day and ended up signing all the papers and now the accord is mine! It's a bit strange because it's a luxurious compared to the Saturn or Jeep that I had with leather seats and a sun roof which is taking some getting used to. But I can honestly say that so far it's really a great car and I really like it. Kallie has already been for a ride and she approves heartily that the a/c is great and will blow in her face. The other dogs are going to the groomer tomorrow so I'm sure they'll decide it's fine too. Husband likes the car too and thinks he'll probably do a honda when we have to break down and get him a car too, so hopefully the next round of car buying will be easier.....and that the Saturn will last a few more years until we pay this car off.
No comments:
Post a Comment