"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." ~ Dr. Seuss

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Goodbye Jeep Liberty...You were a damn good car


As some of you may know, last Thursday (aka October 7th), I was in a car accident. Husband's car's brakes were acting up so on his way home he stopped in at a garage to leave it overnight to get them fixed. I got off work around 6:15 that night and went to go pick him up in my Liberty. All was well (minus the sun being in everyone's eyes), but it was not meant to be a good night. As I was stopped completely trying to make a left into the driveway of the auto shop (nobody was behind me), I waited for an oncoming car to go by. Unfortunately, by the time the car came past me it was at the same time that a 16 year old in a Tahoe slammed into the back of the Liberty - and never used his brakes.

While he says he did it because of the sun in his eyes and while we were both fortunate to walk away minus soreness from the accident....he really did a number. The Tahoe was totaled on the spot and my Liberty was considered totaled quickly thereafter. For the most part, the Liberty held up extremely well - it was really only the back where you could tell the damage although the new bathroom sink I had picked up a few days earlier managed to break too. The pic was taken by husband after the Liberty was towed and we were waiting on a response...and just in case you didn't realize it, the back window is gone because it shattered everywhere.

RIP Jeep Liberty...You were a great car and you kept me safe through lots of travels, moving and 2 accidents. I probably would be in much worse shape had you not been my bodyguard of sorts.

No comments: