"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." ~ Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

7 Foods So Unsafe Even Farmers Won’t Eat Them

While I knew parts of this and have made steps to "fix" (if it can be considered fixing the problem) in our household, it still is quite a bit creepy. It also reminds me how important it is for me to work on growing potatoes and apples in the near future. The plan had been (after getting the raised beds planted) to put in a potato spot and eventually I wanted to put in a peach and apple tree. The peach mainly because we always had one growing up and Kallie LOVES fresh peaches that she gets from the tree. She's even so smart that she spits the pit out. Last year mom's tree went completely into her sink hole and I broke down and bought a couple of peaches for the dogs at the store. Yes, you read this correctly. She was just so heartbroken when she visited Grandma J and there were no peaches!

However, with it as hot as it is now so far (and it's only June!!!) we realize how much we need trees sooner rather than later. It was all fine well and good to take out the pine trees, but what once shaded us and kept our a/c from running constantly is gone. So I'm also picking out trees for our front yard to help with shade. Still hoping to get a fence in before the end of the year and I'm hoping that perhaps with this we'll finally luck out and we can get it done in time to put in the trees out back. Who knows though - so far almost no plans for our house have actually gone our way or easily.

No comments: