So obviously it's been quite awhile since I got a chance to add something. Husband is off to a retreat thing for work all week and I...am a bit lost without him. Now, once upon a time I was a fully functioning and independent person but somewhere along the way I got spoiled by having him around. Case in point - cat sitting for his mom turned into a disaster when I had to drag bags of litter out of the house to the trash because that's what he does for me at home. Didn't help that I still am in a walking boot and the bottom of my foot started to swell off and on the past week. But, a few more weeks of the boot and a visit back to the podiatrist and we'll see how it goes. I'd really like this done and over with, but with the new swelling it's a bit scary that something else is up. Since I've been on my own since Friday, I have gone to work, watched a ton of things through Netflix (LOVE IT!) and I've been attempting to organize the house. That has been a FAIL to some extent since it keeps raining now and I have lots of pawprints throughout my kitchen from the dash outside by them all. It also means lots of doggie drugs for Ms Kallie since she hates thunder. The good part is the drugs are keeping her from trying to tear into the fridge, cabinets, and tearing the dryer vent out of the floor.
It's only Tuesday though and I'm not really looking forward to another 2.5 days of not having husband home. I'm more than ready to have a good night of sleep since apparently, I only sleep well and somewhat on a schedule when I have him home. I knew that I had trouble with sleep once the thyroid mess started happening 5 years ago....and that it settled once we lived together. But I didn't quite realize how much (or fast) it would reappear.
In good news, I was accepted to the (other) online graduate program I applied to last month so I start classes the end of August to complete the history degree. I still have comps from the other one in Sept which sucks a bit, but at least I have some time to get myself together and have time to study.
In other fabulous news I bought an ice cream maker and finally tried it out Sunday and it was DELICIOUS!!!!! I <3 soft chocolate ice cream so I am now in love with this invention. Only bad part was I made it so rich that....I can only have a few bites with this whole insulin resistance thing. Next time, I know to tweak the recipe some. And - I finally got some veggies/herbs out of my raised beds! I now have some fresh basil and snap beans that I ended up having to freeze due to that whole husband-less existence at the moment. Now I have 2 dinner's worth for when it gets cold though. :) I definitely think some tweaking is going to happen next year - mainly that the corn needs to be separate (and yes, I know corn in a raised bed and the amount of it was probably not a brilliant idea) and that I need to get a trellis up early for the beans and peas. Unfortunately with my foot everything got pushed back and forgotten since I'd have to make the husband commune with nature even more. I also think the tomatoes are going somewhere else to make it easy and so I can get some other veggies in easier. I think I'll also have to break down and buy a few types of herbs already planted since some just don't seed well. And I'm quite aware that considering all the other outside stuff I'd like to get done in the next year to two years.....I'm not going to have that much time. But...it will be interesting to see what does manage to get done.
No comments:
Post a Comment